Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Server Problems

Unfortunately, the server for The Bride Concierge is down right now. Thus I am cut off from my beloved website, this blog's background looks all funky and I HAVE NO E-MAILS. =(

All I have to entertain ya'll with is this blog. This naturally means it's story time!! I thought I'd spend a little time explaining to you how I got to be The Bride Concierge and the soon-to-be launched Busy Buttons store.

A year ago, I was just a boring accountant working at your typical public accounting firm. Well, boring to most people, because I personally am a geek who enjoys learning about tax law. I was taking an online course at SMC to get the units I'd need to apply for my CPA license, all the while dreaming of becoming an event coordinator. The lifestyle seemed so much more glamorous than my late nights trapped inside my cubicle. I had made attempts to transition into an event management firm or to a non-profit, but who's going to hire a tax accountant to put together a soiree? As fate would have it, I met a DOC in my online course. Prior to this, I'd never even heard of a DOC. From there, I realized that if I wanted to make this new part of my life happen, I'd have to do it for myself. You can't just sit around complaining about how no one will hire you without experience. You have to make the experience happen for yourself. Well, seven weddings later, here I am. I love every wedding that I do, and I keep those memories close to my heart. I love being a part of a special day that will be remembered for years to come.

Without revealing too much before the grand unveiling of Busy Buttons brought to you via Etsy, let's just say it will be my outlet to share my art with the world. I've got a few product lines coming out, all handmade of course. The name itself stems from the nickname dubbed by the bf. I have a tendency to over push buttons, namely car alarm buttons. There's also the pillow button I chewed off in my sleeping state, but I was young..and oh, I digress! I've spent my holidays in major work mode to build up inventory. The grand unveiling will come once my pictures get past edit mode. I am so excited and proud to start this new chapter in life.

No comments: