Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 2 - Gaby's, West Los Angeles

In Palms, there's a make-shift patio covering the asphalt parking lot and delicious food of Gaby's Mediterranean. If you want great Mediterranean food on the westside, you come to Gaby's. It doesn't hurt that it's one of the best deals in town, either.


Ambience: It's in the parking lot, I kid you not. They sort of spruce up the inside with some LCD's and heatlamps. I love the ambience though - it's loud, not precocious and so energetic.


Reservations: No, but it can get crowded.


Parking: Like anywhere else in Palms, parking's a pain. There is a parking lot that it shares with a bunch of other stores, and the spaces are tight. Street parking is limited, so just be patient.


The food: I was introduced to Gaby's after becoming pescetarian, so I can't vouch for the chicken (although it is halal, and I hear it's tender and juicy). I love the falafel sandwich. I just love falafel, and this love affair of mine began right there at Gaby's. I've yet to find a worthy opponent. I'm not a big fan of their dolma, but that's because I've had the homemade kind. Their house salad is fantastic. They must put crack in that dressing, because I can't get enough of it. And if you know me well enough, you'd know that I am a salad whore.


No comments: