Monday, November 3, 2008

I always tell myself, "Someday..."

I've always felt like there was more to life than this drab cubical farm life that I lead. Wouldn't life be just so grand? I am once again motivated to keep trying harder to get away. I think the following excerpt from Stephanie Fizer's interview on Etsy just about sums up my goal in life:

What do you enjoy most about not having a day job? Is there anything you miss?
Although it’s taken me a bit to get used to the idea, my favorite thing is being able to do what I want, when I want to do it. It’s empowering to no longer be tied down to someone else’s schedule, and I love that I can work on my illustrations whenever I want, or if I’m feeling crummy I can just curl up with a book and have a bit of time to myself. I certainly don’t miss my day job at all, not even for a second. Part of me misses receiving a paycheck every two weeks and knowing exactly how much it will be, but so far money hasn’t been a problem, so even that doesn’t cause much worry. So far, it’s actually going better than expected. I’m able to pay the bills, take care of my business and still have money leftover in the end.

If you could go back in time before you took the plunge, what advice would you give yourself knowing what you know now?
Just be yourself and make sure you are doing something that you truly love. If you feel passionately about your work, everything else will just fall into place.

No comments: