Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 6 - Sushi Zo, West Los Angeles




I've saved the best sushi for last, and ok maybe the most pricey as well.

Sushi Zo
9824 National Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90034

Reservations: Highly recommended.

Parking: Large lot in shopping center & free.

Ambience: Nothing romantic, or even nice. Just bare walls, a sushi bar and a few tables. But we all have an understanding that the only art you care about is the one sitting on your plate.
The Food: Oh, the food... There really isn't a menu, you come here for the omakase and sit at the bar. You simply tell the chef what types of fish you do not like, although in my case he still insisted I try the mackerel! And if you want to eat, you do not say no to the chef! I love uni, oh how I love uni. I've always wanted to try it, and I am so glad that I saved my virgin tastebuds for Sushi Zo's uni with squid noodles. Now that is pure heaven. The pieces will continue to flow until you tell them to stop, of course I couldn't stop without at least trying the blue crab handroll. You will not be disappointed in this one! Expect to spend about $100/person, depending on your appetite.Uni with squid noodles.

Pretty AND delicious!

No comments: